The Infor Communities is globally accessed system by Infor and its customers, please do not post or upload any content that could be deemed as sensitive, confidential or subject to any data regulation requirements. If you are unsure whether or not the content contains sensitive, confidential or has any data regulation requirements, please seek the advice of your internal security, legal, and compliance experts.

CSI - NEW FORM - Auto Populate Fields

I have created a new form, "Continuous Improvement Report" and have some fields that I need assistance with please.  

1. CIR Number - I would like this to be an auto generated sequential number that automatically populates when a new report is created like the CO Number.

2. Item/Description - I would like to have the Items ComboBox automatically populate with my Items in CSI and then the Description field automatically show the description of the item.  I can get the Items to show by tying the List Source to SLItems, but I can't remember how to then get the Description to show.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • Does anyone have another suggestion on how to get the description to automatically populate when an item is chosen?  This is the last thing I need to get working on this form.

• What you need is a Component Class with a Validator within that Component Class. Take a look at some standard ones. For example Component Class ItemDescVar. 

You'll see it has the Validator Item in it and the first parameter passed is used to set the Description Property.

So if you form has Item and Description property bindings. Do this 

Remove that List Source from itemEdit you have above. In Component Class put ItemDescVar, then in parameters put the property name of the Description field. That should do it. 

• What you need is a Component Class with a Validator within that Component Class. Take a look at some standard ones. For example Component Class ItemDescVar. 

You'll see it has the Validator Item in it and the first parameter passed is used to set the Description Property.

So if you form has Item and Description property bindings. Do this 

Remove that List Source from itemEdit you have above. In Component Class put ItemDescVar, then in parameters put the property name of the Description field. That should do it. 

Children
No Data