The Infor Communities is globally accessed system by Infor and its customers, please do not post or upload any content that could be deemed as sensitive, confidential or subject to any data regulation requirements. If you are unsure whether or not the content contains sensitive, confidential or has any data regulation requirements, please seek the advice of your internal security, legal, and compliance experts.

CSI Getting Header Value to Sum Grid Column

Hi All

I’m running into some issues while trying to get a header value to correctly show the summed value of a particular grid column. However, when I make a change to a value in this grid column, after I save the value is one save behind.

I’ve tried multiple different approaches to this – My initial thought was that it would just be a derived column and sum the values in the grid, but this didn’t work.

My next step was to try and emulate forms where this already looked to be working, namely the Customer Order Quick Entry. I noticed that the two of these forms use Triggers to Sum the header values, which I’ve also got working, but still cannot seem to get it to stay in lockstep.

Interestingly enough I see that the Purchase Order Quick Order Entry is also suffering from this issue.

I’ve tried using the following code:

Dim bValue As Boolean

bValue = ThisForm.PrimaryIDOCollection.RefreshKeepCurIndex()

Which presents its own issues. I have it hooked up with the save completed event, but if I have the focus set inside the grid, CSI Crashes. I believe this a toolset issue as I have seen it mentioned on xtreme before.

I have also tried using the NotifyDependentsToRefresh function on the Primary IDO, but this too is still one refresh behind.

If anyone has any help or suggestions I’d be keen to hear them.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Parents
  • The way I have seen Infor do it follows...

• Create temporary form variable, such as vColumnTotal
    • Create a Form Script method that adds the current line amount to the vColumnTotal variable
    • Create a Form Event Handler on StdObjectSelectCurrentCompleted to fire the Form Script method
    • Create a static component in the header row bound to the vColumnTotal variable

When the report executes, for each line returned from the SQL procedure or IDO Extension Class, the StdObjectSelectCurrentCompleted event fires for each record in the collection. That allows you to do row by row calculations such as incrementing the value of a variable or unbound IDO Properties.

If you want to use unbound IDO Properties, they have to exist in the list of return properties in your IDO Method configuration on your report IDO.

Depending on how your report returns records, if you have multiple record types, you may have to add logic to only increment the amount when the record type field is a specific value. You may also have to capture the header group key value so you can clear and start the count over again between groups. That will require experimentation based on how your report data is formatted.

• The way I have seen Infor do it follows...

• Create temporary form variable, such as vColumnTotal
    • Create a Form Script method that adds the current line amount to the vColumnTotal variable
    • Create a Form Event Handler on StdObjectSelectCurrentCompleted to fire the Form Script method
    • Create a static component in the header row bound to the vColumnTotal variable

When the report executes, for each line returned from the SQL procedure or IDO Extension Class, the StdObjectSelectCurrentCompleted event fires for each record in the collection. That allows you to do row by row calculations such as incrementing the value of a variable or unbound IDO Properties.

If you want to use unbound IDO Properties, they have to exist in the list of return properties in your IDO Method configuration on your report IDO.

Depending on how your report returns records, if you have multiple record types, you may have to add logic to only increment the amount when the record type field is a specific value. You may also have to capture the header group key value so you can clear and start the count over again between groups. That will require experimentation based on how your report data is formatted.

Children
No Data