How To Tutorials

Hey all,

It's exciting to see more folks getting started with the Data Lake, submitting new requests for enhancements, and so forth. It's sometimes difficult to figure out where and how to get started so we're building Infor Campus materials to help provide in-depth content to help ramp up and accelerate development and productivity. We also want to help the Community with quick tutorials each week to better understand what tools you have available in Infor OS.

[How To]

Each month, we'll work on developing How To's that walk you through the basics of data ingestion, querying best practices, API development, and more to get the maximum value out of the Data Lake. Below is a list of How To's you can get started with!

Requests

If you have ideas, questions, or requests for future content, give us a shout here and be sure to catch my attention with a @ shoutout!

@mike

• I would appreciate some contents around querying/fetching the data from data lake. What are the possibilities and best practices aound this area?

//Marcus
  • Hey Marcus,

Absolutely - I think there are a few ideas we can tease out of this. I'll factor that into our How Tos :)
  • These How Tos are now part of the Community Wiki.

• @mikekalinowski, hello.  I would like to learn how to capture database delete messages going into data lake to Enterprise Connector and transform them to SQL delete statements that I apply to the local database which I am capturing using FetchWhere.  Thanks - I see others in TUG who want to learn this also.

Scott 

• Hey Denver,

Thanks,  great request. I'm working on putting together some content for YouTube to make this a little easier and enjoyable to walk through over the next few weeks.

As for your question, we have customers that are effectively doing this by using the SQL hint for retrieving deleted records. Take a look at the products table below. I've included the hint --*includeDeletionsWithMaxVariations=products to retrieve & include rows even when they were removed from the system. Then, I filter on the "deleted" column which happens to be defined in the metadata as being the "Delete Indicator"; in this case, just asking for only records where Deleted = "true".

From here, it's just a matter of building out handling downstream within Fetchware to process these transactions and decide to DELETE them from your local tables.