dynamic images in form reports

Has anyone done dynamic images displayed in form reports?    I have a binary UET on the employee form, and have modified the employee form to upload/store/display the employee signature as an image (and that works perfectly).    I cannot however, get that field to display properly on a customized form report.    Any help or tips is appreciated.

• Not sure you can do it that way. There is no image component in Form Reports that displays binary code. For the ones I had to do, you have to upload the images first through the Images menu option when designing a form, or through Form Sync. Then you can have layout components on the Form report that hold each of your static images. Then use the Visible When property to toggle them on and off based on a flag field in your report procedure. I tried using a property for the image name, but it didn't work and support pointed me back to the method I described earlier.
  • I never tried it, but since it works directly in Mongoose forms (such as the CSI component Items > Overview > PictureStatic), taking the raw binary data of the JPG/PNG file, then it could work on reports?
    I know it works directly with Crystal Reports (if you display the item_mst.picture SQL field on the report, the image shows automatically) but you might not be able to link a Crystal Report directly from your Infor software, depending on your version.
    I think it also works with SSRS.
    If there really is no way to make it work simply/directly in Mongoose reports, then I guess you could find on the web a C#.NET code snippet that generates a bitmap or PDF view of an image file's raw binary data, then add the code to your report's Form Script and make it convert the image data into the actual image?
    Just thinking...
  • I did get this to work finally, so I figured I'd share how I did it.
    1) Create a static object on the report form.
    2) Bind the binary UET from the IDO to the static object.
    3) Set the Component Class to PictureStatic. That class contains all the settings needed.

That component class is what I was missing. It wasn't necessary for images to work on a form, but for a form report just setting the Underlying Type to BINARY was not enough. That class contains all the necessary settings.