Schedule and Email Report

I am using the Cloud version of Mongoose.

I'm trying to figure out how to have a report run on a schedule and email it to multiple people.  It appears that it's possible to have reports run on a schedule.  But I'm struggling on how to do that.

Since I'm new to Mongoose reports.  The easiest way for me to create a report is to use the Runtime Builder to walk me thru creating a report.  I understand how to do that.

But I'm confused about what to do next.  The Help Docs show scheduling a report from Actions-Background.  I open the Report Criteria form that the Runtime Builder created for me.  I click on Actions-Background.  For now, I set the Recurrence to Once.  I will get a message that says "Report Submitted".  

It appears that the Report Options form is used to specify that a report is to be emailed.  But I'm not seeing a place to enter an email address.

What I want to do is similar to creating a Subscription in SSRS.  I want a report to run weekly and email multiple people.  Is this possible?

• Hi Terry,

I think you are on the right track, however the report options would email to the user requesting the report, so the person who did the background task.

My suggestion here would be to use the event system, taskpostperform event. This will watch all background tasks that are completed and if it sees your specific task it will perform additional action. We schedule a background task for to be invoiced reports nightly using the SA user. We then schedule it as background and then the event system takes it from there.

Attach at the bottom will ensure the task output is attached to the email.

Hope this helps!

• Terry - we have a custom form that I use anytime I need to add a Dataview Report as an Active Background Task.  I don't mind sharing it with you if you want to PM me.  Here are some of the things that I do:

1. I have email distribution groups set up as "users" in CSI so that I can automate reports to them. For example, my Purchasing Group is setup as the user "purchase@mydomain.com" with only the permissions needed for them to schedule a background task.  Any reports I need to email to this group, I just do so by logging in as "purchase@mydomain.com" and schedule it. 

2. I am sure you know you have to create a Background Task Definition for each report you want to automate. Executable Name = Dataview Name + "-" + Layout Name, Executable = RPT, Type = DATAVIEW.  Also, make sure you go into Report Options and set the user you are automating the report for with the correct output format (I have found Excel - Single Worksheet works best for us for excel) and set the Email Notification and Attach Report values both to "Yes".

3. Once this is done, you just need to add the Dataview to the Background Queue.  Like I mentioned, I have a custom form that I use for this which makes it easier since we have a ton of automated reports.

• I am working on something similar to automate dataviews as background tasks would love to see what you have worked up! I will PM you as well :) Thanks!

• I tried to PM you, but it doesn't appear as an option - is it possible you have it turned off?

• You have to friend request me first.  I only accept PM's from contacts on my friends list.  

• Do you need to license the users that have the email associated with them?