April 2024.4 "Combined Toolbar", A Step Backwards

I suppose this is a bit of a rant, however with the new "Combined Toolbar" in the April 2024.4 Feature Release I genuinely don't see how "creating flexibility for the user has occurred" has been achieved with this Mongoose "enhancement"?

All I have so far is criticism from users, with key points being...

- Now the open forms are squashed to the right of the toolbar buttons, heavily truncating the text descriptions of them unlike when they were below the toolbar buttons.

- They miss the instant visibility of what configuration / site your're in shown in the toolbar.

... so overall this feels very much like a "Microsoft" UI update where changes have occurred that haven;t really benefited users, or there has been very little end user consultation from developers?

• Hey Clive - the toolbar can be reverted back to the old toolbar in the user preferences under Layout > Toolbar Type. If you want to set it system-wide, you can add the Combined Toolbar User Preference on the Process Default form. 

This toolbar was created because it took up less space on the screen which was a big request from CSI. Also a lot of teams wanted a simplified bar for some of their apps because they were trying to utilize the toolbar less, and this helped address that.