The Infor Communities is globally accessed system by Infor and its customers, please do not post or upload any content that could be deemed as sensitive, confidential or subject to any data regulation requirements. If you are unsure whether or not the content contains sensitive, confidential or has any data regulation requirements, please seek the advice of your internal security, legal, and compliance experts.

Is there a way to copy historical workflow data from an environment you want to migrate?

For a customers we will setup a new Infor OS environment with a new LN environment.

The old/existing environment has version 12.0.22 and now they will copy or migrate the old historical data around the workflow parts. Let's say, the information you can retrieve via the "Activities".

They want to have this historical data for audit properties and specific that data which gives the information about previous approved or rejected workflows and the notes which were added at the time the workflow was rejected or approved. Can we copy specific tables from the old existing environment to the new Infor OS installation so we can do the same queries via the Activities and receive and overview with the same information and added notes? If so, which tables I have to copy?

Regards,

Gerard Glas

Parents
  • Hi, Gerard.  I've been told 'no' in the past on copy/migrate metadata.  You can of course export/import models such as data flow, workflow, monitors and the like.  I would think it to be possible to copy/migrate metadata, though likely very involved considering the number of databases/tables Infor OS is comprised of.  I'd be curious to hear other responses on this.  You might be directed to ICS (Infor's Consulting Services team) to work with them on a case by case basis.

• Hi, Gerard.  I've been told 'no' in the past on copy/migrate metadata.  You can of course export/import models such as data flow, workflow, monitors and the like.  I would think it to be possible to copy/migrate metadata, though likely very involved considering the number of databases/tables Infor OS is comprised of.  I'd be curious to hear other responses on this.  You might be directed to ICS (Infor's Consulting Services team) to work with them on a case by case basis.

Children
No Data