The Infor Communities is globally accessed system by Infor and its customers, please do not post or upload any content that could be deemed as sensitive, confidential or subject to any data regulation requirements. If you are unsure whether or not the content contains sensitive, confidential or has any data regulation requirements, please seek the advice of your internal security, legal, and compliance experts.

How can i republish Inflight Bods?

Dear all,

I have one document flow which includes db connection point -> Workflow -> db connection point. While one bod in work flow approval process i need to change something in DF. Because of that i deactivated DF and WF. In the meantime, one of my colleague approved the workflow task and the bod seems Inflight status in the Oneview. Therefore it didnt do what it needs to do in the  last db connection point.

It happened in our test Infor OS server. But when we move to in our live server it will be problem for us, if we need to a change . Can i  republish this approval BOD or do i need to something else when i need to change something in DF?

Kind regards

Serkan Danışan

• Hi Serkan,
    Interesting question. Its not a recommended best practice to deactivate a doc flow when an instance of workflow triggered from it is running.. This is also explained in the ION Desk user guide.
    //
    If one or more workflows are running for a workflow activity, it is advisable to not deactivate the
    document flow. Otherwise the results of the workflow cannot be handled when the workflow
    completes. In this case an error is logged, because the result of the workflow cannot be delivered
    to the workflow activity anymore.
    //
    So the simple answer to the question is - we cannot resubmit such BODs today ! :-)

Lets still see what happens behind the scene in this case - Workflow would still send an Ack.Workflow BOD to indicate that the Workflow has completed. But there will be no one to receive this message. So ION Connect module will log a 'No route exception' and that would be the end of this message.In the future, we are providing an option to capture the no-route messages and resubmit them. Until then, you can only prevent this from happening but not fix the situation if it did happen.

And here is what you can do to avoid this from happening in future: If you have to change the DF, then don't DEACTIVATE. Just make your changes on the doc flow and simply reactivate. This is probably the best solution and should be followed as a best practice.

Best Regards
    Vignesh
  • Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for the explaination. In DF we can change someting without deactivate but in WF we cant. The suggestion doesnt work if we dont deactivate the WF.

Kind regards
    Serkan Danışan
  • Deactivating a Workflow should not have any impact in your case. Only deactivating a doc flow will cause problems.

If you deactivate a workflow whose instances are running - then that particular instance will go into an internal status of 'Winding up' (I think you can see it in ION Desk manage pages). And the user facing side of this workflow instance will continue to be as normal. So if a task is currently open -> Followed by deactivate the workflow -> Followed by closing the task, the response would still be received in the doc flow and it will continue as before. So I see no issues here.

Best Regards
    Vignesh